- Born in Higashi Izu, Shizuoka, Japan.
- Studied English literature at Kyoto University of Foreign Languages.
- Started to study fine arts to find my own language.
- 1988-96: Lived in England and Germany to study fine art.
- 1995: Started to work with recycled paper pulp to make three dimensional sculptures in my M.A.
final show at National University of Fine Arts Berlin.
- 1996 : Came back to Japan, started to work with paper pulp which is made from Kozo fiber.
- Inspired by the environment, my creative style is important to me. I have been working in residency programs in Asia and Europe.
- 2018 : Working on a new stage setting for Awa Jyoruri Ningyo
( the traditional puppet theater ).
Collaborate with Jyoruri Ningyo theater group and musician.
■ Curriculum Vitae
|1979||Kyoto University of Foreign Languages / Kyoto / Japan|
|1982||Musashino University of Arts and Design / Tokyo / Japan|
|1988||Moved to England|
|1988-90||Sir John Cass School of Art / London / U.K.|
|1992||Wimbledon School of Arts, Sculpture B.A. / London / U.K.|
|1992||Moved to Germany|
|1995||Completed M.A. at National University of Fine Arts Berlin / Germany|
|2000-01||Work in Finland, scholarship from Agency for Cultural Affairs Japan|
|2005||Work in Sao Paulo, scholarship from Agency for Cultural Affairs Japan|
|2013|| Visiting Faculty at Rhode Island School of Design / Providence / U.S.A.
Visiting Faculty at Fukuoka Educational University / Fukuoka / Japan
|1990||Henry Moor Scholarship, work in Portland Sculpture Park / Dorchester / U.K.|
|2000||Scholarship from Agency for Cultural affairs Japan / Helsinki / Finland|
|2005||Japanese Government Overseas Study Program / Sao Paulo / Brazil|
|1997||Solo exhibition ” Where the soul is ” / Kao Foundation of Arts and Sciences / Japan Foundation|
|2000||Project ” back / ground / history ” / City of Helsinki Cultural Office / Finland|
|2004||” Both Sides – Funi ” Japan-Finland Contemporary Art Exhibition|
|/ Kao Foundation of Arts and Sciences / Japan Foundation / Kamei Junko Cultural Foundation/
/ Rokko Island Foundation / Kobe / FRAME, Arts Council of Finland
|2006||Project ” back / ground / history ” / Taipei city Cultural Affairs / Taiwan|
|2009||Forest and Tree Project ” Three Trees ” / Kao Foundation of Arts and Sciences|
|/ Finnish Institute Japan / Tokushima Cultural Foundation / Awa Bank Cultural Foundation/|
|2011||” The Wishing Tree ” / City of Helsinki Educational Ministry / Finland|
|2013||” The Wishing Tree 2013 ” / Taipei city Cultural Affairs / Taiwan|